Holy Week – Tuesday.
Knowing it’s His final week on this earth as a human, Jesus seems to be trying to get in every little last bit of business that He can before His departure.
1. The Pharisees try to trap Jesus into making a blasphemous, or rather, anti-god remark. (Which would be very illegal!) (Mark 11:27-33).
2. He was teaching right up to the last minute. On this day He had some amazing parables. (Matthew 21:28-23:36).
3. Interestingly, Jesus had been focusing on confronting the Jewish leaders, but some secular Greeks (the intellectual/philosophical types) were very intrigued and tried to set up a meeting with Jesus as well. (John 12:20-26).
4. He also delivered what is known as the famous Olivet Discourse. On the Mt. of Olives, he talked about the coming destruction of Jerusalem along with signs of the last days. (Matt 24)
5. Lots of ancient prophecy was fulfilled on this day too. One of the prophecies said that Jesus would be rejected by his own people (Isaiah 53:1,3).
Moment to Catch:
In my opinion, Tuesday was pretty lousy. Supposedly on this day Judas, one of the 12 Disciples, agreed to betray Jesus (Matthew 26:14-16). Someone from His own personal, inner circle. What time of day, we’re not sure, but most agree, it was on Tuesday. So very heartbreaking, and sad.
Thot for today:
Have you ever been, or felt betrayed by someone who is “closest” to you? It’s a very painful experience. Jesus understands.
It happened to Him too.
Verses for Today: