Girls and guys will eternally try to figure each other out. But alas, we know it just won’t happen. So, I had been doing some research in regards to Confessions of the Single Female. I then realized, that I needed to give ample voice to the male population.
With that, I was around a few Single Males recently and I asked: “What are some things you’d love to say, but you know that you won’t. In other words, what you would like to ask girls or confess to them, but it’s just not going to happen.” It took some time, and I was at first met with nothing but blank stares, (you know, men have to process). Then the words started to come.
Here is what they produced:
- I haven’t had to ask permission to go and workout since I was a kid.
- I’m glad you left.
- Why have cabinets when you don’t use them?
- Why even pay for trash pick up?
- Why do you have to smell everything? Everything you buy you have to smell.
- The older I get the more I enjoy being single.
- I appreciate simplicity.
- Why are you talking to me unless you want a solution.
- Thanks honey, but I really don’t care what your friends think.
- You see a pretty deer I see antlers on the wall.
- Don’t think there’s a deeper meaning behind everything I say.
- Just because I don’t want to go out doesn’t mean I am mad at you.
- No, I don’t want to help you paint your nails.
- Don’t ask me my opinion unless you really want the truth.
- Why are you so clingy?
- Why do you ask my opinion and go the opposite direction?
- Don’t tell me about your old relationships on a date.
- Could we talk about me for a minute?
- Don’t ask me, ‘How do I look?” and put me on the spot.
- I’ve been around women enough to know that 98% of the time you just have to lie.
- No sense arguing, I’m going to lose anyway.
- Don’t ask me deep or sincere questions on our first date.
- Don’t bring up the “M” word at all on the first date.
- Don’t look for a boyfriend if what you really need is a repairman.
- Why does everything have to be planned?
- Why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?
If you are a guy and would like to chime in, send us YOUR confessions! We promise to keep them confidential.